Speech and Language Therapy
Our dynamic speech therapy team addresses the needs of children with language, articulation/phonological, voice, fluency (stuttering), and/or swallowing disorders. We provide individual specialized and medically based treatments in a positive and motivating atmosphere.
Speech therapy may be appropriate if your child has difficulties with:
- Feeding and swallowing
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Learning to talk/communicating with others/ expressing themselves
- Production of sounds/ articulation
- Social skills
- Understanding others/ receptive language
- Using complete sentences
Other specialized programs we provide are:
- Winter Feeding Program: A program for children with feeding and swallowing disorders including those affected by sensory processing difficulties and/or oral mechanical issues.
- It Takes Two to Talk® — The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delays: It includes individual and group classes for parents to learn practical strategies to help their children learn language naturally throughout their day together. At select facilities.
- More Than Words® — The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A program for parents of children with autism. It includes individual and group classes that provide parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential. At select facilities.
- Beckman trained and certified therapists: At select facilities
- Oral placement therapy: At select facilities
Early intervention is key to providing children with the best possible therapeutic outcome. Family involvement is a crucial component of treatment and home programs are provided as needed. Contact a Winter Pediatric facility in your area if you have concerns or to schedule an evaluation.