Our dedicated physical therapy team works to acquire maximum functional mobility in children with disabilities or injuries. We use specialized, one-on-one techniques to address gross motor deficits in gait (walking), balance, strength, range of motion, and safety in a playful and interactive environment.
Physical therapy may be appropriate if your child has difficulties with:
- Range of motion
- Balance and coordination
- Strength and endurance
- Bony deformities
- Participating in age appropriate gross motor skills
- Injuries due to sports or orthopedic conditions
- Asymmetrical head or neck position
- Adaptive equipment and orthotics
- Pain management
Other specialized programs we provide are:
- The W.I.N.T.E.R Programs features the Therasuit (R) Method and the Universal Exercise Unit for the intensive treatment of patients with cerebral palsy and neurological disorders. Our facility is one of only 10 in Texas to offer this specialized program which is designed to accelerate progress and optimal functional mobility through an intensive 4 week approach.
For more information click here>.
- Winter Zen-ter - TheWinter Zen-ter incorporates the practice of yoga to teach your child relaxation, focus, process sensory stimuli, self-regulate their behavior, strengthen fine and gross motor muscles, enhance coordination, and increase communication skills. his method will enrich the treatment of children with sensory processing and autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and ADD/ADHD.
- Adaptive equipment evaluation: A process of assessing the child’s need for medical durable equipment to assist with completing activities such as wheelchairs, standers, walkers, gait trainers, etc.
- Orthotic clinic: We collaborate with a certified orthotist and prosthestist in the area on a one-on-one basis for a thorough assessment of the child’s needs.